Garbage and recycling pickup for 11/23 and 11/24 will be on a one day delay-Due to the Thanksgiving holiday garbage collection for 11/23 and 11/24 will be on a one day delay. Regular Thursday pick up will be on Friday and regular Friday pick up will be completed on Saturday.
December Town Board Meetings Rescheduled- The regular monthly Agenda meeting of the Waterford Town Board scheduled for Tuesday November 28, 2023 has been rescheduled to Tuesday December 5, 2023 at 7:00 PM at Waterford Town Hall and the regular monthly Town Board Meeting scheduled for Tuesday December 5, 2023 has been rescheduled to Thursday December 7, 2023 at 7:00PM at Waterford Town Hall.
Town of Waterford Drive Thru Food Drive- Saturday November 18, 2023 10am -12pm at the Waterford Community/Senior Center -125 Second Street. All donations to benefit Waterford’s three food pantries: Faith’s Food Pantry at Grace Church, Living Hope United Methodist Church, St. Mary’s/St. Vincent dePaul Society
Budget Workshop- The Town Board of the Town of Waterford will hold a Budget Workshop on Tuesday October 31, 2023 at 5:30 PM at Waterford Town Hall, 65 Broad Street, Waterford, NY. The workshop will also be available via ZOOM.
Town Board Agenda and Special Meeting- The Town Board of the Town of Waterford will hold a Special Meeting along with the regular Agenda Meeting on Tuesday October 31, 2023 at 7:00PM at Waterford Town Hall, 65 Broad St. Waterford, NY. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss changes to the Tentative Budget. The meeting will also be available via Zoom.
ATTENTION REGISTERED VOTERS OF DISTRICT #5- You may have received a notice advising you that your voting place has been moved to the F.B. Peck Hose firehouse. That is correct. Regrettably, the Board of Elections listed the address as 85 Saratoga Avenue Ballston Spa. Obviously, this is an error on their part. The correct address is F.B. Peck Hose/NorthsideFire Department, 85 Saratoga Ave. Waterford. The Board of Elections has been notified of the mistake and have been asked to send a correction to all voters of that district. Board of Elections has confirmed that new notifications are being sent.
ATTENTION WATERFORD RESIDENTS- FREE WALK-IN BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC- SPONSORED BY THE WATERFORD RESCUE SQUAD AND WATERFORD COMMUNITY/SENIOR CENTER. Held on the third Tuesday of the month from 11:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.- Waterford Community/Senior Center - 125 2ND Street. Any questions call Eileen Haldeman, Director at 518-
Property Tax Information: A new link has been added to the Town of Waterford's website that allows access to the Town's Online Tax Search System. If you would like to find your Town Tax Bill online, please go to http://egov.basgov.com/Waterford/
Special Needs Registry
A Special Needs Registry is being established for the residents of the Village and Town of Waterford. The purpose of the Special Needs Registry is to make Emergency Service personnel aware of residents with special needs in the event of an emergency. Residents with Special Needs are asked to download a
Employment Opportunities Available: updated 11/27/2023
Following is a list of Employment Opportunities in the Town of Waterford
The Town of Waterford is now accepting applications for: Junior Accountant Position
- Assists in performing accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, developing payroll on a weekly basis, performing accounts payable function and working with vendors.
- Assists in the preparation of various financial and statistical reports.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of general and governmental accounting.
- Ability to work in a team setting with various Town departments and staff.
- Position involves working with and maintaining confidential files.
- Other duties to be assigned as necessary.
- Municipal accounting experience desired. Minimum Qualifications: at least... A. Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field and one (1) year of experience in maintaining financial and business accounts; OR B. Possession of an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field and three (3) years of experience in maintaining financial and business accounts and records; OR C. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma (GED) and five (5) years of experience maintaining financial and business accounts and records.
- Salary commensurate with experience, $50k to $60k per year.
Employment Application may be obtained online here: Employment Application and submitted with resume to:
John E. Lawler, Town Supervisor
65 Broad Street, Waterford, New York 12188
The Town of Waterford Court is looking for a full-time Court Clerk.
A court clerk is responsible for maintaining records of the Town Court and to assist the judges with their
administrative functions. Specific Duties entail but are not limited to: Assisting the judges
with preparing dockets/calendars of cases to be called and utilizing a variety of computer software
and case-management systems. Will be required to answer inquiries from the general public
regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, and other
court-related matters, including handling payment of fines and fees.
Training will be provided, although familiarity with court procedures is preferred. Must have
strong communication and inter-personal skills. Time commitment is expected to be 37.5 hours
per week, along with Thursday evenings during court sessions until 8-9 p.m.
All interested applicants should obtain an employment application from the Town
Supervisor's office located on the second floor of Town Hall on 65 Broad Street, Waterford, and
submit completed application, along with resume, by Tuesday, December 5, 2023 to: Waterford Town
Court, 65 Broad Street, Waterford, NY 12188.
THE TOWN OF WATERFORD HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT
APPLICANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND EITHER POSSESS A “CLASS B” OR HIGHER LICENSE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A CDL LICENSE WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF HIRE.
NON-CDL STARTING RATE OF PAY-$20.00 * CDL STARTING RATE OF PAY - $22.00
- MUST HAVE A GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE CARE & USE OF COMMON HAND AND POWER TOOLS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ROUTINE PHYSICAL LABOR; INCLUDING LIFTING OVER 50 LBS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN A TEAM ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT UNDER ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS.
- APPLICANT MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK OVERTIME AS NEEDED.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED ONLINE AT: WWW.TOWN.WATERFORD.NY.US
AND SUBMITTED TO THE SUPERVISOR’S OFFICE AT:
TOWN OF WATERFORD 65 BROAD STREET WATERFORD, NY 12188
* This position entails the transportation of citizens to approved destinations; including medical facilities and Senior Citizen Centers. Maintains simple records of fuel used, mileage and passengers carried.
* Reports mechanical defects of motor vehicle to appropriate authority.
* Good knowledge of driving safety practices and NYS traffic laws; good knowledge of the road & highway systems, ability to operate a motor vehicle under all driving and road conditions; ability to establish harmonious relations with fellow workers and the public.
* Physical conditioning commensurate with the demands of the position.
* Applicant must possess a “Class C” or higher license OR be able to obtain a CDL license.